• Military Personnel Flight
Facility logo
Welcome to

Military Personnel

Facility logo
Welcome to

Military Personnel

Our Mission

The Military Personnel Flight (MPF), supports thousands of staff members from active duty, retired to DoD employees as well as their family members. MPF provides numerous services including performance reports to the Personnel Reliability Program (PRP).

  Dependent ID Cards Information

Effective 1 August, the 81st FSS Customer Support section will be scheduling appointments for dependent ID renewals. All sponsors with valid CAC’s (Active Duty, Reserve, Contractor/Civilian members) are required to complete the ID card renewal online.

Between 1 August and 21 August, we will be renewing dependent ID’s that expired between January 2020 and May 2020. 24 August through 11 September, we will be renewing dependent ID’s that expired or will be expiring between June 2020 and September 2020. Starting 14 September, we will complete any missed ID’s and begin renewing dependent ID’s expiring October 2020.

If there are any questions or concerns, please speak with a technician by calling 228-376-8347.

Renewal Instructions & Application


*All sections closed the third Thursday of each month, all weekends, holidays, and family days.*


Please call us to schedule an appointment or visit the Rapids Appointment Scheduler website.

Rapids Appointment Scheduler

*All appointments will be open for the following month by the 15th of the current month.

Customer Support Services

Location: Sablich Center, Room 125
Phone number: 228-376-8347 or 8357
E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Friday, 9 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Appointments: Friday, 12:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m.
*MPF is closed every third Thursday, Family Days and Holidays.

For soonest appointment, please also check availability at NCBC Gulfport by calling 228-871-2322 OR 228-871-2331.

Please bring two valid forms of government ID for all ID card renewals/replacements.

Newcomers Briefing every Monday & Wednesday at 7:30 a.m. Sablich Center, Rm. 121.

Additional CAC Pin Reset Locations:
Medical Group, Rm. 4F 104K, Bldg. 468

  • ID Cards
  • DEERS Updates
  • SGLI
  • vRED

Career Development & Force Management

Location: Sablich Center, Room 121
Phone number: 228-376-8347 or 8650
E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - Career Development
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - Force Management
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-11 a.m.(Walk-ins)
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-3:00 p.m. (Appointments)

  • PCS Orders
  • Retirements
  • Separations
  • EPRs/OPRs

Student Personnel Center

Location: Levitow Hall, Bldg. 7310, Room 228
Phone number: 228-377-3468
E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Hours: Monday-Thursday 12:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
Non-Down Friday 12:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
Down Friday 12:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
*SPC is closed every third Thursday, Family Days and Holidays.

  • Student Orders
  • Reclassifications

Installation Personnel Readiness

Location: Taylor Logistics, Bldg. 4002, Rm 125
Phone number: 228-376-8181
E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m.-3:00 p.m. (Appointments only)

  • Deployment Orders
  • Personnel Accountability
  Frequently Asked Questions

What is DEERS?

DEERS is an acronym for Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System. DEERS is a joint service on-line database located at the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC). The database maintains member and dependent entitlement eligibility information (e.g., medical benefits).  This system is used in conjunction with Real-time Automated Personnel Identification System
(RAPIDS) to create military identification cards.

What services does the DEERS Office provide?

The Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) Office is responsible for making changes to the DEERS database such as adding spouses and children, extending DEERS eligibility, removing DEERS eligibility.  They are also responsible for issuing military identification cards to eligible personnel to include active duty, Reserve Component, retirees and their family members. 

Am I required to provide two forms of ID before being issued a military identification Card?

In most cases this is true. The exception is family members under the age of 18 years.  Per direction of Homeland Security Presidential Directive (HSPD-12), military identification card issuing authorities must review and scan two forms of identification before issuing a military identification

card, to include a Common Access Card (CAC). If a sponsor or family member does not have two forms of identification; we cannot create an ID card. There are no exceptions. One of the forms of ID must be an unexpired federal or state photo ID card (e.g., driver's license).

The most commonly used forms of identification are current military ID cards, a driver's license, social security card, or voter's registration card. However, there are many other forms of ID that can be used. Call us at (229) 257-4660 if you're unsure if a particular form of identification can be used.

Are there any special considerations if the family member needing an ID card is a full-time student?

Yes.  If the young adult is within 90 days of his or her 21st birthday but not older than 23, and a full-time student (associate's degree or higher) then the sponsor must annotate block 21 of the DD Form 1172-2 and state the family member is dependent on the sponsor for over 50% of his or her financial support.  This requirement is specified in Public Law (10 U.S.C., Chapter 55, Section 1072). Without the comment and signature of the sponsor, on the DD Form 1172-2, we cannot issue a military ID card to the family member.

Does my sponsor have to be present with me to get a family member military ID card?

No.  However, your sponsor has to sign a DD Form 1172-2, which verifies your eligibility for a new ID card before a permanent military ID card can be

Can my sponsor complete the DD Form 1172-2 online?

Yes.  If the sponsor possesses a current Common Access Card (CAC), then the sponsor can complete the form online.  Go to https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/self_service. On this site, the sponsor can sign the DD Form 1172-2.

If the retired sponsor has a valid DoD Self-service Logon credential, called a DS Logon, then he or she can perform many family member transactions using ID Card Office online at http://milconnect.dmdc.mil, including electronically signed the DD Form 1172-2.  You can obtain a DS Logon account online at https://myaccess.dmdc.osd.mil

I'm about to get married.  What documents do I need to add my spouse to DEERS?

  • Military identification card of the sponsor
  • Marriage certificate (certified original, court-certified copy or certified photocopy with file number (a marriage license cannot be used)
  • Unexpired photo ID card (federal, state or local government) for spouse (e.g., driver's license or passport)
  • Spouse's Social Security card (maiden name may be on there - not required for military spouses
  • Medicare card (if applicable)

I'm a family member of a military member. Does my sponsor have to sign anything before I can be issued a military identification card?

Yes. The sponsor must sign a DD Form 1172-2, Application for Identification Card DEERS Enrollment. As the title suggests, the form is used to enroll a family member into the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS); however, it is also used as an application for a Uniformed Services Identification Card. The form is required whenever a new military identification card is produced.

Normally, the sponsor of the family member will visit a RAPIDS Site to complete the form. A Verifying Official at that site will work with the sponsor to ensure the information in DEERS is correct then print and sign the form along with the sponsor.

What are my responsibilities as a sponsor?

The sponsor must ensure eligible dependents are provided with current ID cards and enrolled in DEERS. Failure to enroll and update eligible dependents may result in denial of routine medical care at military treatment facilities and TRICARE claim rejection.

Sponsors must also advise the nearest Uniformed Service issuing facility concerning additions or changes to dependent data that affect DEERS enrollment and eligibility within 30 days of the change (e.g., marriage, divorce, newborns, disenrollment from college, death, family member joining the military, etc.). Failure to terminate ineligible dependents can result in your being billed for medical care provided.

How Can I Find the Closest DEERS/RAPIDS Location?

Most military installations have the capability of updating DEERS and issuing military identification cards. For example, there is a DEERS/RAPIDS office at the Army Guard HQ Center (Tallahassee), 1225 Easterwood Dr, Tallahassee, FL 32311. They can be reached at (850) 245-0100.

If you have access to the internet, you can find the nearest location at the RAPIDS Site Location website.

You can look up DEERS/RAPIDS sites by zip code, city, state, etc. Be sure to call them before visiting the location to validate business hours and location.

Can I change DEERS information online?

Some information (e.g., address, e-mail address, work phone or home phone numbers) can be changed online. Click here.

Click on "Personal Information." You'll be asked to provide your name, SSN and date of birth before you're given permission to change DEERS

You cannot change dependent status on-line (e.g., marriage, divorce, add a newborn, adoption, etc.). Verifying officials, at the DEERS/RAPIDS site, must verify dependent status (e.g., marriage certificate, divorce decree, etc.) before changes can be made to DEERS.

I just got married, what information do I need to update DEERS and get my spouse an ID card?

  • Common Access Card (CAC) of the sponsor
  • Marriage certificate (a marriage license cannot be used)
  • Picture ID card for spouse (e.g., driver's license)
  • Spouse's Social Security card
  • Medicare card (if applicable)

I just got married, and have stepchildren, what information do I need to update DEERS and get my stepchildren an ID card?

Marriage certificate and birth certificates and Social Security cards of the stepchildren are required.

I just got divorced. What information do I need to update DEERS?

A final divorce decree is required before we can update your divorce in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). The divorce decree must be original, a court-certified copy, or a photocopy that reflects the file number.

You'll also need to turn in the military identification cards of your spouse and stepchildren so we can take/initiate appropriate revocation actions.

I'm about to divorce my wife. We've been married for 22 years. Does she retain her ID card and benefits?

A non-remarried former spouse who at the time of divorce was married to the member for 20 years during which time the member performed 20 years creditable service in determining eligibility to retired or retainer pay and the marriage and service overlapped at least 15 years is entitled to certain benefits and privileges.

If the couple was married for 20+ years and the member was in the service for 20+ years and the overlap of the two was 20+ years, then the spouse is entitled to medical service (MS), TRICARE (MC) as long as the ex-spouse is not enrolled in an employer-sponsored health plan. The spouse is also entitled to Commissary; Exchange; and Morale, Welfare and Recreation benefits.

If the couple was married for 20+ years and the member was in the service for 20+ years and the overlap of the two was 15+ years but less than 20 years, then the spouse is entitled to medical service (MS), TRICARE (MC) for one year, as long as the ex-spouse is not enrolled in an employer-sponsored health plan.

I'm over 21 and a full-time student. Am I entitled to a military identification card?

Unmarried children 21 or 22 years of age, who have not attained the age of 23 are entitled to a military ID (students remain eligible for an ID card until age 23 or date of graduation, whichever occurs first).

Eligibility requirements:

  • Enrolled full time in an accredited institution of higher learning leading to an associate's degree or higher.
  • Dependent on the sponsor for over 50% of their support.
  • Cannot Combine Hours from Two Institutions: Students enrolled less than full time in two institutions of higher learning may not combine hours to qualify as full-time students. Title 10, Section 1072 is specific in that the child must be enrolled in a full-time course of study at an institution of higher learning versus institutions.

Documentation requirements:

If enrolled in DEERS, a letter from the school registrar certifying full-time enrollment leading to an associate's degree or higher and anticipated graduation date.

The sponsor must also certify in block 21 on the DD Form 1172-2 that he or she is providing over 50 percent of the student's support.

Before an ID can be issued the student must also provide two acceptable forms of identification (e.g., driver's license, school ID with photo, social security card, voter's registration card, passport, etc.).

 Links & Resources

Rapid Appointments Scheduler


MPS Sharepoint



It's hurricane season! Be prepared to use AFPAAS!

Who: YOU!!! Active Duty, GS, and NAF personnel Dependents separated from their sponsor.

What: AFPAAS is an accountability tool that enables members to report their location after a disaster and request support services from a nearby Airman and Family Readiness Center.

Why: We want to ensure YOU and YOUR FAMILIES are taken care of and that you know what resources are available to you and how to access them during an evacuation or after a disaster.

When: Annually and anytime you are TDY for more than 30 days, ensure that your information is correct. If you anticipate an event occurring, such as an incoming hurricane, verify your password/log-in and information before you depart. After an event, log in or call to update location information for you/your dependents.

Where: Any internet browser (https://afpaas.af.mil or look for links to be publicized in news releases, on www.af.mil, and the Keesler AFB website/Facebook sites)

How to report in: Log in using your CAC, username/password, or call 1-866-946-9183 after the event

TIP: Print the attached tri-fold/wallet card and keep it with your personal evacuation and shelter kits.


AFPAAS Wallet Card

Get In Touch:

Customer Service Hours

Mon-Thurs: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Fri: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

Fri: 12:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.

Closures & Restrictions

Customer Service

(228) 376-8347
See Services above for more

Click to Call


Sablich Center
500 Fisher St., Bldg. 701
Keesler AFB, MS 39534



This facility offers FREE WiFi.

Call for details

Get A Closer Look:

  • Coming Soon

Customer Survey

Your feedback helps us make our services and programs even better, please take a moment to complete a short survey.

Take Survey

Book Your Appointment

Skip the long wait and schedule your appointment online!


Don’t Miss
the Best of FSS!

Staying in the loop is just a click away with the FSS Newsletter, FSS Event Calendar, subscribing to our Blog or following us on Facebook.


 NIPR Note

DMCA.com Protection Status © 81st Force Support Squadron
" Discover Keesler - The best awaits inside the gates! "
"The best awaits inside the gates!"
DMCA.com Protection Status
© 81st Force Support Squadron
To Top
To Bottom